Ceramic Blanket

SGC-5180 Ceramic Blanket

SGC-5180 Ceramic Blanket is a needled blanket that is made from spun ceramic fibers. It is strong, lightweight, flexible, and available in a wide variety of thicknesses, widths and densities.

SGC-5180 Blanket resists temperature as high as 2300°F. This material is lightweight and has very low thermal conductivity, excellent handling strength, low heat storage, thermal shock resistance corrosion resistance (commonly used acid and alkali). It also provides excellent sound absorption and excellent fire protection.

Chemical and Physical Data:

Chemical Composition:
Al2O3: 47%, SiO2: 50%; Total Al2O3 and SiO2 >97% ; Fe2O3: < 1.0%

Fiber Physical Properties:
Fiber Diameter: 3 – 4.5 microns;
Fiber Shrinkage (1800°F, 3h): < 3.5%

Working Temperature: 1,800°F. for Continuous Use; 2300°F Maximum

Specific Heat (@2000°F): 0.27 Btu/lb °F

Available Density and Size
Density: 4, 6, 8 Ibs./cu. ft. (64, 96, 128 kg/m3)
Thickness: 1/4″, 1/2″, 1″, 1-1/2″,2″
Width: 24″ and 48″
Packaging: In plastic bags and then in cartons

Typical Applications
Repair, insulation and linings for furnace, kiln, generator, reformer, boiler etc.
Insulation for steam and gas turbines, and other high temperature equipments
Insulation for Nuclear applications and power plants
High-temperature pipe insulation, casting mold insulation etc.
High-temperature seals and gasketing; furnace door seals, expansion joint seals
Fire protective insulation or linings
High-temperature filtration

newspaper templates - theme rewards